Saturday, May 19, 2018

Fantasy rock bands!

Inspired by my post on the best songs ever and fantasy football, I decided to put together the ultimate fantasy rock band. I am sticking to pop, rock and soul, so there will be no jazz musicians on this list, no crooners (sorry to Sinatra, Manilow and Harry Connick Jr.) and no country musicians. I would like to see your "fantasy bands" if you have any good ideas. This is one person's opinion, so keep the criticism to a minimum, unless you want me to make fun of you guys for choosing Michael Stipe or Chris Martin. Also, let's assume that the musicians in these bands are in the prime of their careers.

Fantasy band - made up of people who are currently alive
Lead vocal (male) - Daryl Hall
Lead vocal (female) - Tina Turner
Lead guitar - Eddie Van Halen
Bass Guitar - Flea
Piano - Elton John
Keyboard - Steve Winwood
Drums - Carter Beauford

All-time fantasy band (alive or dead)
Lead vocal (male) - Ray Charles
Lead vocal (female) - Aretha Franklin
Lead guitar - Jimi Hendrix
Bass Guitar - James Jamerson
Piano - Elton John
Keyboard - Earl Van Dyke
Drums - John Bonham

As you can see, I am a fan of the Funk Brothers (Motown's house band during the '60s) and I am omitting most prog-rock musicians, because style means more than substance to me. Again, please post your lineups below (if you are reading this on Facebook).

No comments: