Thursday, May 18, 2017

Positives

I figured I started with the negative, so I would end with the positive. There have been good things happening, especially the past few days.

Hat tip to Dave, who suggested that the kids participate in the cooking process. Make-your-own omelette was a big hit last night, and we are doing make-your-own taco night tonight.

First of all, I lost 40 pounds, partially because of bad hospital food. I don't recommend getting a brain tumor as a method of weight loss, but 40 pounds is 40 pounds. I am wearing smaller clothes and had to have my wedding ring re-sized.

Also, my caffeine addiction has somehow disappeared. I still like the taste of coffee, but I no longer need 2 cups of coffee to start the day.

Thanks to reduced steroid use, I can now actually sleep at night. That makes a big difference.

Thanks to sleeping and hotter weather, I am able to get up and walk around. I can cook again, and I can do things around the house. I am still weaker than the average bear, because it is hard to get up off the couch, and stairs don't like me.

I was able to speak with an old friend yesterday and hopefully make amends after a few years. Again, I am looking forward to seeing people come in from out of town.

Sorry if we seem distracted or busy when you are here, but we have to at least see who is calling because we are waiting for many important phone calls from doctors and nurses.

No comments: